Penguin, 01.12.2000 - 304 Seiten
The Signet Classics edition of Shakespeare's timeless tragedy of conspiracy and betrayal.
In the first of his Roman history plays, the Bard tells the story of the murder of emperor Julius Caesar and the gruesome aftermath as ancient Rome descends into a violent mob.
This title in the Signet Classics Shakespeare series includes:
• An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editors, William and Barbara Rosen
• Selections from Plutarch's Lives of Noble Grecians and Romans, the source from which Shakespeare derived Julius Caesar
• Dramatic criticism from Roy Walker, Maynard Mack, Richard David, and others
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions of Julius Caesar
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable format
• Recommended readings
Was andere dazu sagen - Rezension schreiben
Es wurden keine Rezensionen gefunden.
Andere Ausgaben - Alle anzeigen
Häufige Begriffe und Wortgruppen
actors answer appear army battle bear better blood body Brutus Calpurnia Capitol CASCA CASSIUS cause Cinna comes common conspirators crown dangerous death Decius doth early enemy English Enter Exeunt Exit eyes face fall fear fire folio follow FOURTH PLEBEIAN give gods hand hath hear heart hold honor humor Julius Caesar leave Ligarius live London look lord Lucillius Lucius March Mark Antony matter mean meet Messala mind moved nature never night noble Octavius once Peace performed Pindarus play playwright PLEBEIAN poet PORTIA present reason rest Roman Rome Senate SERVANT Shakespeare sick SOLDIER speak speech spirit stage stand stay streets sword tell texts theater thee things THIRD thou Titinius true turn wrong