« ZurückWeiter »
The Riverside Literature Series.
With Introductions, Notes, Historical Sketches, and Biographical Sketches. Each regular single number, paper, 15 cents.
1. Longfellow's Evangeline.* ‡‡
2. Longfellow's Courtship of Miles Standish; Elizabeth.* 3. Longfellow's Courtship of Miles Standish. DRAMATIZED. 4. Whittier's Snow-Bound, and Other Poems.* ‡‡ **
5. Whittier's Mabel Martin, and Other Poems.**
6. Holmes's Grandmother's Story of Bunker Hill Battle, etc.** 7, 8, 9. Hawthorne's Grandfather's Chair: True Stories from New England History. 1620-1803. In three parts.‡‡ 10. Hawthorne's Biographical Stories. With Questions.** 11. Longfellow's Children's Hour, and Other Selections.** 12. Studies in Longfellow, Whittier, Holmes, and Lowell. 13, 14. Longfellow's Song of Hiawatha. In two parts.‡ 15. Lowell's Under the Old Elm, and Other Poems.** 16. Bayard Taylor's Lars: a Pastoral of Norway, etc. 17, 18. Hawthorne's Wonder -Book. In two parts.‡ 19, 20. Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography. In two parts.‡ 21. Benjamin Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanac, etc. 22, 23. Hawthorne's Tanglewood Tales. In two parts.‡ 24. Washington's Rules of Conduct, Letters, and Addresses.* 25, 26. Longfellow's Golden Legend. In two parts.‡
27. Thoreau's Succession of Forest Trees, Wild Apples, and Sounds. With a Biographical Sketch by R. W. EMERSON. 28. John Burroughs's Birds and Bees.**
29. Hawthorne's Little Daffy downdilly, and Other Stories.** 30. Lowell's Vision of Sir Launfal, and Other Pieces.* ‡‡ ** 31. Holmes's My Hunt after the Captain, and Other Papers.** 32. Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Speech, and Other Papers. 33, 34, 35. Longfellow's Tales of a Wayside Inn. In three parts.‡‡ 36. John Burroughs's Sharp Eyes, and Other Papers.* ** 37. Charles Dudley Warner's A-Hunting of the Deer, etc.* 38. Longfellow's Building of the Ship, and Other Poems. 39. Lowell's Books and Libraries, and Other Papers.** 40. Hawthorne's Tales of the White Hills, and Sketches.** 41. Whittier's Tent on the Beach, and Associated Poems. 42. Emerson's Fortune of the Republic, and Other Essays, including The American Scholar.**
43. Ulysses among the Phæacians.
From W. C. BRYANT'S Trans
lation of Homer's Odyssey.
44. Edgeworth's Waste Not, Want Not; and The Barring Out. 45. Macaulay's Lays of Ancient Rome.*
46. Old Testament Stories in Scripture Language. 47, 48. Fables and Folk Stories. In two parts.‡
49, 50. Hans Andersen's Stories. In two parts.‡
51, 52. Washington Irving: Essays from the Sketch Book. [51.] Rip Van Winkle, and Other American Essays. [52.] The Voyage, and Other English Essays. In two parts.‡
53. Scott's Lady of the Lake. Edited by W. J. ROLFE. With copious Notes and numerous Illustrations. (Double Number, 30 cents. Also, in Rolfe's Students' Series, cloth, to Teachers, 53 cents.) 54. Bryant's Sella, Thanatopsis, and Other Poems.* 55. Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice. THURBER.* **
56. Webster's First Bunker Hill Oration, and the Oration on Adams and Jefferson.
Also, bound in linen: * 25 cents. ** 4 and 5 in one vol., 40 cents; likewise 6 and 31, 11 and 63, 28 and 36, 29 and 10, 30 and 15, 39 and 123, 40 and 69, 55 and 67, 118 and 42. Also in one vol., 40 cents. ‡‡ 1, 4, and 30 also in one vol., 50 cents; likewise 7, 8, and 9; 33, 34, and 35.