« ZurückWeiter »
ותאבדו 579 דרך 548 כי 25 יבער 625 כמעט 626 אפו 601 אשרי 545 כל 97 חוסי 627 בו: 63
my dear, expresses affection, hence probably ha a son, and in a daughter. 1 in Chaldee is ja in Hebrew. There are some other words which are either Chaldee, or formed in the Chaldee manner in the Psalms; thus in Psal. cxxxix. 17. 7'y thy friends, may be in Chaldee, thy thoughts. Psal. cxvi. 12. binan for thoan his benefits. There are a few instances of the Chaldee dialect in other parts also of the Old Testament. The portions which are wholly written in Chaldee are the following; the book of Ezra from the eighth verse of the fourth chapter, to the twenty-seventh verse of the seventh chapter; in the book of Jeremiah, the eleventh verse of the tenth chapter; the book of Daniel from the fourth verse of the second chapter to the end of the seventh chapter. As the letters, the manner of reading, the parts of speech, the numbers and genders of nouns, &c. are the same as in the Hebrew, and there is the most stri. king similarity between the regular and irregular verbs in the respective languages, the ordinary helps given by the Hebrew lexicographers, for understanding those portions of scripture, will prevent any difficulty that might be apprehended from them.
625. Va' shall kindle, or burn. 3d pers. sing. masc. fut. Kal of Tya to inflame.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
626. wypa as a little. 2 as. wys a little, a few. As a verb, to be di. minished.
627. din trusting. non to shelter oneself, to trust. Part. Ben. Kal 701, plural D'nin dropping the n before". Vide rule 102. The late Dr. Wilson of Edinburgh, in his “ Elements of Hebrew Grammar,” accounts thus for this remarkable defect of o final. “ Sometimes the status regiminis is employed to soften the sound, or to vary the ex. pression; when the following word is not the genitive of position, but is governed by a preposition. 12 on they who trust in him, for 12 d'oin." The old grammarians, who delighted to silence difficulties by certain hard words which they denominated figures, have cut this knot by calling it “ the enallage of the casus constructus." Blaney observes after Dr. Kennicott, that o final is in many
instances omitted. Dr. Lowth supposes that the status constructus pro absoluto of the grammarians may be an occasional mistake of transcribers, “ by not observing a small stroke, which in many manuscripts is made to supply the D of the plural."
628. 'MoV judges. In construct. OgV a judge. As a verb, to judge.
מזמור 629 לדוד 630
.1 .Ver יהוה 154 מי 296 יגור 422 2 באהלך 631 מי 296 ישכן 632 בהר 606 קדשק: 607 הולך 375
תמים 633 ופעל 634 צדק 396 ודבר 367 אמת 394 בלבבו: 635 : לא 159 רגל 636 על 13 לשנן 637 לא 159 עשה 38 לרעהו 413
רעה 638 וחרפה 639 לא 159 נשא 640 על 13 קרבו: 641 4 נבזה 642 בעיניו 267 נמאס 643 ואת 4 יראי 644 יהוה 154
.to simg זמר a lisalm ,
from מזמור .629 -David
, or afriend . A psalm given to Da דוד.to ל
.to David לדוד .630
u golden מכתם לדוד the sword was
So דבר היה usually expressed by my tongue לשוני עט סופר מהיר ,psalm to David
whereby he could say or פנים אל פנים is the fiem of a ready writer
face to face . Solomon Bennet , a modern Jewish polemical פה אל פה
; “לדוד מזמור ,
. vid from the Lord. When the word of the Lord came to a prophet, it is
. , a writer, translates ipin 7175 prosody on David; and says, “ The psalms were not all composed by David himself; many of them were written by different Levitical poets; as Asaph, Hyman, Jeduthun, &c. They consist of prayers, hymns, prosody, &c. alluding to various circumstances of public or private facts." Thus, to avoid the application of the prophetic psalms to the Messiah, he considers them made in honour of David. If his forefathers had been of the same mind, they would scarcely have assigned them a place in the b'ain or Hagiographa, and used them in the worship of God.
631a hisa in thy tabernacle. 3 in. 7 thy. Sos a tent. As a verb, to dwell.
. . . . . . 633. Dinn uprightly. As a noun, perfection, pure. From pon to be perfect. .
634. Syai and worketh. 1 and. So the 3d pers. sing. masc. pret. Kal to labour. Vide rule 87. Rather part. Ben. Kal, rule 78.
. 9 . , move up and down. 'gh my heart. Daah your heart.
..to inhabit שכן shall dwell
to לבן the heart , from לב and לבב .in ב
.in his heart . his בלבנו .635 לבבכם
A PSALM to David. Ver. 1. Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speak. eth the truth in his heart.
3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord; he that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.'
to קרב a neighbozur , from קרוב or קרב .his ו
.his neighbour קרבו .641
636. Sen backbiteth. 3d pers. sing. m. pret. Kal to detract. Rather part. Ben. Kal. Rule 78.
637, is his tongue. I his. pes and pros a tongue, language, bay. From pob to contort.
638. nys evil. From you to break. Vide num. 646. 639. 79101 and reproach, 1 and. 1701 reproach, from on to reproach.
640. XVI takes up. It is the 3d pers. m. sing. preter Kal; to lift up. Rather part. Ben. Kal. Rule 78.
. I his. neighbour, approach. .
642. 17733 is despised. Particip. Niphal of 0712 to despise. Mr. Parkhurst justiy observes, rule 60, that participles are used for the present tense. It has been observed by others that in such instances the substantive verb 77'n is always implied; but if that verb were expressed, it would make the expression either the preter or future, it cannot be therefore implied. The fact is this, ordinarily if not always, actions past or to come, not proper for the imperative mood, were expressed by the Hebrews by one of their two tenses, if the action was present, no time was expressed, but the participle was substituted. In like manner also the omission of the preter and future of 77'n indicated the present time.
643. D8?) the reprobate person. Participle Niphal of 0x to spurn, reject, or cast off
644. XT those fearing, or the fearers of. A noun m. plur. in construct. Vid. xt' in num. 293.,
5 יכבד 509 נשבע 645 להרע 646 ולא 159 ימר: 647 כספו 648
לא 159 נתן 302 בנשך 649 ושחר 650 על 13 נק' 651 לא 159 לקח 652 עשה 38 אלה 151 לא 159 ימוט 653 לעולס: 354
and ה ,.
645. yovi having sworn. Benoni Niphal masc. sing. of you to satisfy, secure, swear. 646. yob to his evil. you evil, wrong, as a noun; as a verb, to break.
. . 647. ' will not change. It is the 3d pers. masc. sing. preter Kal, converted by 1. Akin to this is 1 to be in bitterness. 648. 1903 his silver. I his. 902 silver, to be pale. Vide num. 195. αργυρος
white. 649. quia in usury, or biting. I in, and you to bite, to hurt. This word is supposed to mean a contract which converts interest into