« ZurückWeiter »
the way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there: but the redeemed shall walk there. 10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion
910. KIDN shall be found. It is the 3d pers. fem. sing. fut. Kal of 839to find. Perhaps 17'n understood is the noun with which it agrees; yet the agreement in gender is not universal. Vide the note to num. 114. Mr. Caddick observes that “ When two substantives are in regimen, the adjective belonging to the one sometimes agrees with the other," This seems here to take place with respect to the verb.
911. Disa the redeemed. It is the participle Paoul masc. plur. of the verb Sea to redeem. It is used as a noun. Rule 71, n. and 159.
912. "701 and the ransomed of. 1 and. "70 is in regimine for bo'l79 which is the plural masc. part. Paoul of 0775 to rescue from evil. The sing. is 179 instead of 77178. Vide rule 103.
913. 1120" shall return. 1 paragogic. 130" is the 3d pers. masc. plur. fut. Kal of av to return.
914. 1831 and shall come. I convers. Num. 19. n. ix is the 3d pers. masc. plur. pret. Kal of 3 to come, or go.
915. ma with exultation. 3 with, 7727 a noun fem. a shouting, from 19 to leap for joy.
916. nomen and with the joy of. 1 and. nnov in regimine, from nnou joy, a noun fem. from now to rejoice. The joy of eternity is well rendered by Dr. Lowth, perpetual gladness.
917. oh eternity. A noun from shy to conceal. Eternity whether past or future is hidden from man. Vide num. 354.
ששון 918 ושמחה 919 ישיגו 920 ונסו 921 יגון 922 ואנחה: 923
918. 1100 joy. A noun from ou to be cheerful.
919. Asui and gladness. land. Nou is a noun fem. from nou to rejoice.
920. 11'9" they shall obtain. It is the 3d pers. plur. masc. fut. Hiph. of wVI to attain. to. Being a verb in Pe Nun, it drops its first radical in the future. Vide rules 94, 95.
with songs, and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
921. 1031 and shall flee away. I convers. 103 is the third pers. plur. masc. pret. of Kal of DJ to flee away. Though a verb in Pe Nun, it is here regular. Vide rule 86.
922. gad' sorrow. A noun from to grieve.
923. OMINI and sighing. I and. AJS sighing, a noun fem. from Mue to groan.
A Table of similar words, which the learner may enlarge at his
10 behold. in grace. n a mountain. on a hole.
. na power. O2 to number. up stubble. na lamb.
.he ate ברה .he filed ברח
. 77 onpressed po beaten small. on these.
.the sum חמה
777 echo. in one. 'n alas. "IT he lived. 707. strike thou. pn a statute. on them. on hot.
. . opn violence.
.מס and ה.tribute המס
pe a sack.
LEST the transition from the use of the preceding helps to the sole aid of the lexicon and grammar should be thought too sudden, I have determined to furnish the learner with the roots of the words of a few chapters; in passing through which he will have need only to recur to his
grammar, for all the help which will be desirable.
The book of Job has been selected, because by far the hardest part of the Hebrew scriptures;.consequently when the following nineteen chapters have been parsed, the learner will find little difficulty in reading, with the help of a translation, any of the other books; but he is advised chiefly to read for some time the historical parts, as they will be most easily understood.