« ZurückWeiter »
16 להאיר 78 על 13 הארץ 8 ויהי 22 כן: 44 ויעש 38 אלהים 3
את 4 שני 45 המארת 79 הגדלים 80 את 4 המאור 76
Alzim Uiosh .ken uizi ēarets ol lēair 3 : ēmaur at ēgedelim ēmaret sheni at
4 4 ēquethen ēmaur uat zium lememeshelet égedel 82
30 Uiten ·ēkukebim uat
ēlilē lememeshelet :6 ol lēair ēshemim berequio Alzim atem
הנדל 80 לממשלת 81 היום 30 ואת 6 המאור 76 הקטן 82
17 לממשלת 81 הלילה 31 ואת 6 הכוכבים: 83 ויתן 84
אתם 85 אלהים 3 ברקיע 77 השמים 5 להאיר 78 על 13
18 הארץ: 8 ולמשל 86 ביום 30 ובלילה 31 ולהבדיל 87
בין 28 האור 21 ובין 28 החשך 12 וירא 24 אלהים 3 כי 25
78. 7875 for to give light. 5 for. Rule 142. 787 the infinitive of Hiphil of 18 or is. Rule 99.
79. Dixon luminaries. o emphatic. Rule 150. formative. Rule 178. n9x, vide num.'68. 76.
. n . . , rule 19, from 52 co grow. The fem. nibqa might have been used with the fem. noun nons, but it is probable that the masculine was used as a stronger expression. Vide rule 114. Vide num. 67 in note.
. Masc . plur גדול and גדל .emphat ה .great הגדלים .80
great cities. Deut. i. 28. These were the cities of the Canaanites. Yet d' has been deemed in such cases a feminine termination.
When two substantives, one whereof is masculine and the other feminine, have one and the same verb, or one and the same adjective, such verb or adjective, for herein also they follow the same rule, is usually masculine and plural.
But the verb and the adjective differ in their positions with respect to their substantive. Adjectives, except numerals, generally follow the substantives with which they agree; whilst verbs almost always are placed before the nouns, to which their gender, number, and person are accommodated. When the adjective precedes its substantive, the verb to be (77'77) is for the most part understood.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven, to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good.
.to rule משל dominion here used , are from ממשלה
.and the fem ממשל
81. nswons for the rule of. 5 for. The first aa is formative, the second radical. n is for 17 because in construction, rule 26, sun and
. , . 82. fupa little. 17 emphat. fup small, from top to diminish.*
83. D'33120 stars. 17 emphat. I is formative. Rule 158. D'adi is the plural of 112 a star, which is from 3 to shine.
84. in'i and God placed. I conversive. Num. 19. in is the third pers. masc. sing. fut. Kal for ins' from you to give. This verb sometimes drops its final , according to rule 105, sometimes its first radi. cal as in this instance, and at other times it is doubly defective; see rule 108.
85. Onx them. nx vid. num. 4. O or on them is a pronoun masc. plur. third pers. R. 40. Ons when a primitive pronoun is the plural masc. of the second person. Rule 31. The learner must distinguish
I, , . ', thou fem. Ons you masc. ing you fem. &c. and no when suffixed by pronouns; because the sense is sometimes different. The most usual affixes of ns are the following; 'nx with me, me, ins with us, us, the with or in thee, bank with you, you, ink with him, him, his with her, her, bons or Ons with them, them, masc. inns, jx unto or with them, them, fem. 17308 them.
86. Sophi and to rule. I and. 5 to or for. hon is the infin. Kal. of son to govern. Rule 142.
87. Sy727bi and to cause a division. I and. 5 to or for. Sunan is the infinit. Hiphil of 172 to divide.
.thou masc אתך (אתה , אתי between the primitive pronouns
* The particles which are prefixed to the substantive, as 2, , o, &c. are not repeated before the adjective, but 17 emphatic, which is by some called the definite article, is also prefixed to the adjective or participle; and when such adjective, &c. stands alone, it is often used as a substantive.
19 טוב: 26 ויהי 22 ערב 32 ויהי 22 בקר 33 מס 30 רביעי: 88 20 ויאמר 19 אלהים ישרצו 89 חמיס 18 שרץ 90 נפש 91
חיה 92 ועוף 95 יעופף 94 על 13 הארץ 8 על 13 פני 14 רקיע 35 21 השמים: 5 ויברא 95 אלהים את 4 התנינם96 הגדלים80
ואת 6 כל 97 נפש 91 החיח 98 הרמשת 99 אשר 40 שרצו 100 המים 18 למינהם 101 ואת 6 בל 97 עוף 93 כנף 102
; , . .four ארבע comes the cardinal ,א prefixing a formative
. . ישרצו .מים , שרץ .
88. 'y'in the fourth. In the ordinal numbers from the third to the tenth inclusive, is inserted before the last radical, except in the sixth, and also postfixed in the masculine gender. Vide rule 168. and num. 486. The root is yan to agitate or quadrate; hence also, by
, . 89. 189* shall produce abundantly. It is the third pers. masc. plur. fut. Kal, from the root pw to swarm, or creep. It agrees with o's. Rule 127. ,
90. you the reptile. This word may be taken as a noun; or as the part. Ben. Kal of the preceding verb, 1 being rejected by rule 78, the sense then is the creeping V9) 17'n.
91. V93 the creature. Also the soul, and animal life. 'V93 my life, from 093 to breathe. This word, like Yuxn, may signify the animal soul. Vide Whitby and Macknight on 1 Thess. v. 23.
92. . . 86 and 78. Also a living creature. The genus is expressed by vaj
; . , ,
, , . 93. 79 and fowl. I and. A participial noun. Rule 158. From 19 to Ay.
94.9919 shall fly. It is the third pers. sing. masc. fut. Kal of 90y to Ay. 1 is inserted after the first radical, as is sometimes the case in reduplicate verbs, vide rule 111. but its usual place, when inserted in other verbs, is before the last radical in the fut. and imper. Vide rule 77.
(i . . pers. masc. . sing. fut. Kal. Vidle num. 2.
to live , Vide rules חיה living
. It is the part . Ben . Kal of חיה .92 נפש a
. ,beast of the field בהמה ,mam אדם living creature
; the species are חיה .foml
, & c עוף refitile , and רמש ,wild beast חיתו עף . ו ועוף
and ( God ) created . I convers , Num . 19. It is the third ויברא .95
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. 20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and let the fowl fly above the earth, over the face of the firmament of heaven.
21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that noveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly after their kind, and every winged fowl after its kind, and God saw that it was good.
96. DJ'inn whales. 77 emphat. Rule 150. A noun masc. plur. The sing. is j'N a whale or serpent. Rule 19. From yan to creep, which is perhaps a reduplicate verb from 7an to wail. Rule 110.
97. 5o every, all, or any. It has been supposed that this word is a substantive, because it is said always to precede the noun with which it is used, which is the invariable rule of a noun in regimine; whereas adjectives commonly follow their substantives. Also 6 is used for the feminine, which is somewhat singular, if an adjective; for adjectives generally terminate, if feminine, in 11. Yet as a noun in construction it is difficult to render it in English, for it must be the all of, or the whole of. It is from the root oko to complete.
98. 17'nin living. 17 emphat. Rule 150. and vide num. 92.
99. non creeping. 1 emphat. when thus prefixed to a participle often denotes that it is to be taken as a substantive. noon is the part. fem. Ben. Kal of vpn to creep. For the omission of 1 vide rule 78.
100. 1890 produced abundantly. It is the third pers. masc. plur. pret. Kal. Vide num. 89.
101. one in their kind. 5 in or to. Rule 175.yoo kind. Vid. num. 61, on their, them. Suffix. Vide rule 40.
102. qd the wing. A noun from 733 to remove to a distance.
103. 773" and blessed.* 1 and is conversive. Rule 136. num. 19. 773' is the third pers. m. sing. fut. Kal of 773 to bless.
* To bless any thing is to speak good of it or to it. This is the sense of the Hebrew and Greek words for to bless. When God blesses, he speaks good to the person or thing, he approves or communicates good. When man blesses God, he speaks good of him, or ascribes goodness to him. In the former, it is an expression of benefiçence, in the latter, of gratitude.
22 למינהו 65 וירא 24 אלהים 3 כי 25 טוב: 26 ויברך 103
אתם 85 אלהים .3 לאמר 104 פרו 105 ורבו 106
ומלאו 107 את 4 המים 18 בימיס 18 והעוף 108 ירב 109 23 בארץ: 7 ויהי 22 ערב 32 ויהי 22 בקר 33 יום 30 המישי: 110 24 ויאמר 19 אלהים 3 תוצא 64 הארץ 8 נפש 91 חיה 92 למינה 111 בהמה 112 ורמש 113 וחיתו 114 ארץ 7 למינה 111 25 ויהי 22
f כן: 44 ויעש 38 אלהים 3 את 4 חית 114 הארץ ד
. . .
. . plur. imperat. Kal of 7779 to increase.
106.1271 and multiply. I and. 137 for 1737. Rule 102. It is the second pers. masc. plur. imperat. Kal of 1729 to multiply. 107. 185p1 and replenish. i and. 1xbp is the 2d pers. m. plur. imper. .
. . fowl. Vide num.
. . masc. sing. fut. Kal of 1727. Vide num. 106.
110. 'Vign the fifth. For the final and inserted, vide rule 168. and num. 486. From von five, and as a verb, to increase.
111. . . fem. pron. suff. Rules 39. 155. For y's kind, vide num. 61.
. . . . .
is the part
to or in
.im saying לאמר .104 .to sfieak אמר Kal
Rule 78. From .Rule 102. It is the 2d pers , masc .פרהו be fruitful
. For פרו ,105
פרה . .רבהו . רבה .
.to fill מלא Kal of .food עוף emphat
,Rule 102. It is the third pers .ירבה shall multiply
. For ירב .109 .רבה .
. , a , המש . her or its is a ה.175
is prefixed . Rule ל .after its kind למינה .111 ,, מין .
. .92 .to be mute . Vide num בהם cattle
. A fem . noun from בהמה .112
.to mp רמש a noun masc
.and refitile.and ורמש .113
-is used as a sin חיתו .and living creature . I conjunctive וחיתו .114
. gular and as a plural noun. Vide rule 162. where it is termed a collective noun.* If the i be merely a pleonasm, then nin may be either
* Anomalies in the Hebre'w language are frequent, nouns are of