« ZurückWeiter »
29 על 13 הארץ: 7 ויאמר 19 אלהים 3 הנה 133 נתתי 134
לכם 135 את כל 97 עשב 55 זרע 136 זרע 57 אשר 40 על 13 פני 14 כל 97 הארץ 7 ואת 4 כל 97 העץ 58 אשר 40 בו 63
פרי 59 עץ 58 זרע 136 זרע 57 לכס 135 יהיה 20 לאכלה: 137 30 ולכל 97 חית 114 הארץ 7 ולכל 97 עוף 93 השמים 5
ולכל 97 רומש 138 על 13 הארץ 7 אשר (44 בן 63 נפש 91
חיה 92 את 4 כל 97 ירק 139 עשב 55 לאכלה 137 ויהי 20 31 כן: 44 וירא 24 אלהים 3 את 4 כל 97 אשר 40 עשה 38
בקר והנה 133 טוב 26 מאד 140 ויהי 20 ערב 32 ויחי 20 יום 30 הששי: 141
הן to be firesent
. Hither . So הנה behold
. A particle from הנה .133
present. . behold, or these. 134. 'nnd I have given. It is for 'nung first. pers. sing. perf. Kal of
. . .
to give . Vid . rule נתן
Is the first pers. plur. preter Kal. We have visited.
ed. He visited us. Or infin. Kal with 13 us. To visit
Is the second pers. masc. sing. imperat. Kal, with 13 us.
Visit thou, man, us. Or particip. Ben. Kal (Rule 78)
with 1 us. Visiting us. If the learner choose, he may enlarge this table for himself; but its necessity will be gradually superseded by a more familiar acquaintance with the verbs, and pronominal suffixes.
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed, to you it shall be for meat.
30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat; and it was so.
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
135. od to you. S to, and da pronominal suffix, second pers. plur. masc. Vide rule 37. So 75 to you, of 4 and 7. Vide rule 36, as ons num. 127.
.to eat אכל
136. yo producing seed. Part. Benoni Kal of yni to 80w, or produce seed. Vide rule 78. 137. bors for meat. 5 for. obox a noun fem. vide rule 16, from
. 138. V.219 creeping. Part. Benoni masc. Kal of won to creen.
139. pa green. A noun adjective from pri to put forth leaves, also a leaf.
140. 783 very. From 789 strength. The superlative degree is made by adding this word or such like; by repeating a substantive, as a servant of servants; or the adjective, as good, good; by using the plural; or by adding the word God, as cedars of God. The comparatiye is also made by yo or prefixed, as or compared with; or 3 among, as Blessed among women.
141. won the sixth. 07 the. ww an ordinal. Vide rule 168. From vw six, which is from 19u to divide into six parts. See the table at num. 486.
! ויכלו 142 השמים 5 והארץ 8 וכל 97 צבאם: 143 ויכל 144 2 אלהים 3 ביום 30 השביעי 145 מלאכתו 146 אשר 40
עשה 38 וישבת 147 ביום 30 השביעי 145 מקל 97 כ מלאכתו 146 אשר 40 עשה: 38 ויבך 103 אלהים את 4 יום 30 השביעי 145 ויקדש 148 אתו 149 כי 25 בו 63 שבת 147 מכל 97 מלאכתו 146 אשר 40 ברא 2 אלהים 3
And were . ' . plur. masc. Niphal of oba to finish. Vide rule 102. and num. 67, in
.the host of them צבאם .143
, , צבא
. , . . *33 is the root, an army, or to assemble. The suffix relates to the heavens and the earth, which were marshalled in beautiful array in the vast expanse. President Edwards supposed the angels were here intended, who are called God's host; but the plural nix3y is then gerally used. See oxíy in Neh. ix. 6. Psa. xxxiii. 6. Isa. xxxiv. 4. xl. 26. xlv. 12.
. . ° . . . .
.the third pers sing יכלה for יכל .and he ended . I convers ויכל .144 .142 .Vide rule 102 , num .כלה masc
.emphatic ה *
.. . 168. From you seven. Num. 486.
it is also the ;הששי Kennicott's codices
* The first 'y'avn in the second verse is wanting in two of Dr.
; ; sixth in the Samaritan, and Syriac versions; and the Septuagint read exin. Yet the common reading will make the same sense, as the seventh day began with what we now would denominate the evening of the sixth, if the labour then terminated.
1 THUS the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day, God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work, which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it; because that in it he had rested from all his work, which God created and made.
146. inoxho his work. 1 a suffix 3d pers. sing. Vide rule 39. n for 7, because in construction before 1. Vide rule 24. Oxho work, an agent, angel, &c. formative. 7 not used, to employ.
147. nu and he rested. i convers. 3d pers. sing. masc. fut. Kal of nav to finish, the sabbath.
148. Orp" and he sanctified. I convers. ospe 3d pers. masc. sing. fut. Kal of vip to set apart to a higher or sacred use. 17 is suffixed Exod. xx. 11. Vide rule 39. wip is a part. noun, holy. The God of nature has set apart to a holy use one day in seven of our time from the creation. 149. ins it. From nx. Vid. num. 4, and i pronom. suffix. sing. pers.
Vide rule 39. Num. 85. Num. 63, in note. 150. nwy'n from or in making them.ts prefixed. Vide rule 175. It is the regular infinitive of a verb in Lamed He. Vide rules 103, 140. From nvy to make.
+ Verbs in the infinitive are frequently used in the sense of English verbal nouns, ending in ing. Vide num. 19.
4 לעשות: 150 אלה 151 תולדות 152 השמים 5 והארץ 8
בהבראם 155 ביום 30 עשות 150 יהוה 154 אלחים ארץ 7 5 ושמיס: י וכל 97 שיח 155 השדה 156 טרם 157 יהיה 20
בארץ 8 וכל 97 עשב 55 השדה 156 טרס 157 יצמח 158 כי 25 לא 159 המטיר 160 יהוה 154 אלהים 3 על 13 הארץ 8
161 לעבד 162 את 4 האדמה: 115 ואד 163
אין 6 ואדם 117 יעלה 164 מן 165 הארץ 7 והשקה 166 את 4 כל 97 פני 14
. אלה ,אלה these and those , by ;הלו and ,גה ,זה ,זאת ,ה ,את in the Hebrew by אלה בני ,these are the generations אלה תולרת as ;הן and ,הם ,המה ,אל
151. The these, is a plural pronoun. This and that are usually made
c אשר . and is ,אשר which is probably a contraction of ,ש vide num
. 40 ) and)
-9fafiring מולדת ,a girl ילדה ,a sor ילד Hence infin . or participle ברא .the ה .in ב .in the creating them בהבראם .153
. יה ,
. , הוה . יהוה the third pers sing יהי or יהיה which is perhaps an abbreviation of
, היה .
these are the sons. These words are termed in some grammars the demonstrative pronouns. The relatives are VR who, which, what, &c. (. ) w, found prefixed to nouns, pronouns, verbs, &c. and is translated by who, which, whom, that, &c. The interrogatives are 'n and is, who, and what. .
is used ten times in the Old Testament as a plural, these or
, . a , which is often used, and variously rendered in the common version, as a relative, an adjective, and a primitive pronoun; these, those, like, such, them, &c. 4x is sometimes rendered as an article, as in Psa. ii. 7. Vide also num. 47. , . A . . a , a offspring.
. I in. 7 . Benoni Kal. Vide num. 2. Othem. Vide rule 40. 154. 07177" Jehovah. From 7717 to subsist, in the part. Benoni, and 17*
' " . . fut. of 77'n to be, and signifies the Essence, and so 77177' is the Essence subsisting of himself. But some suppose to be formative, and the root 0717 to be. Ens quod a se est, erat, et in æternum manebit idem.
, הוה to be humble . Vide rule שח a shrub
a . . . 165 for the formative.
156.1770n the field, i the, and 777V a field, a cupbearer, to shed, or pour forth.
. A fem . noun from שיח .155