Popular Music: The Key Concepts
Psychology Press, 2002 - 365 Seiten
Presenting a comprehensive A-Z glossary of the main terms and concepts used in the study of popular music, this fully updated second edition covers key new developments in the area, such as the impact of the Internet and Reality TV.
Key definitions include:
* important musical genres, from bhangra to punk rock
* musical subcultures, from hippies to Goths
* methodologies, from Marxism to postmodernism
* musicological terms, from sound to harmony
* musical phenomena, from girl groups to concept albums.
All entries are fully cross-referenced and include suggestions for further reading and listening - making this an invaluable resource for anyone studying or interested in popular music.
Was andere dazu sagen - Rezension schreiben