« ZurückWeiter »
DESIGNED FOR SUNDAY SCHOOLS
SUNDAY-SOUOOL UNION, 200 MULBERRY-STREET.
Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1851, by
L A NE & SCOTT, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the Southern
District of New-York.
This work is designed as a first book for the instruction of children entering the regular classes of a Sabbath school.
For infant classes and scholars not able to read, the “Infant Teacher's Manual" should be previously used.
As soon as children are able to commit lessons, however short, this book may be given them for study.
It will be found specially adapted to the use proposed in the following particulars :
1. The answers are very brief, and printed in large type.
2. The subjects are judiciously selected, running through the whole Bible.
3. As the book furnishes both questions and answers, it will save the pupil from the necessity of having more than one book in hand at a time, a very desirable arrangement for young scholars.
4. It is profusely illustrated with better cuts than have been hitherto used in similar works.
5. It is published in one volume, and also in two volumes, on the Old and New Testament separately.
Thus a class wishing to commence with the