University Tutorial Press, 1970 - 176 Seiten
Folger Shakespeare Library
The world's leading center for Shakespeare studies
Each edition includes:
- Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
- Scene-by-scene plot summaries
- A key to famous lines and phrases
- An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
- An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
- Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Coppelia Kahn
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs.
Ergebnisse 1-3 von 19
... causes swear 130 Such creatures as men doubt ; but do not stain The even virtue of our enterprise , Nor th ' insuppressive mettle of our spirits , To think that or our cause or our performance Did need an oath ; when every drop of blood ...
... cause , Lest I be laugh'd at when I tell them so . 70 Caes . The cause is in my will : I will not come . That is enough to satisfy the Senate . But for your private satisfaction , Because I love you , I will let you know : Calphurnia ...
... cause : This is the version of the Folio ; but this line is the subject of a famous comment from Ben Jonson who quoted it as " Caesar never did wrong , but with just cause " . Either the line was later altered , or Jonson misquoted it ...
DRAMATIS PERSONAE TEXT AND NOTES
1 weitere Abschnitte werden nicht angezeigt.