University Tutorial Press, 1970 - 176 Seiten
Folger Shakespeare Library
The world's leading center for Shakespeare studies
Each edition includes:
- Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
- Scene-by-scene plot summaries
- A key to famous lines and phrases
- An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
- An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
- Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Coppelia Kahn
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs.
Ergebnisse 1-3 von 25
... tell you What hath proceeded worthy note to - day . Bru . I will do so . But , look you , Cassius , The angry spot doth glow on Caesar's brow , And all the rest look like a chidden train ; Calphurnia's cheek is pale , and Cicero Looks ...
... tell us what hath chanc'd to - day , That Caesar looks so sad ? Casca . Why , you were with him , were you not ? 215 ... Tell us the manner of it , gentle Casca . 233 Casca . I can as well be hang'd as tell the manner of it : it was mere ...
... tell greybeards the truth ? Decius , go tell them Caesar will not come . 65 Dec. Most mighty Caesar , let me know some cause , Lest I be laugh'd at when I tell them so . 70 Caes . The cause is in my will : I will not come . That is ...
DRAMATIS PERSONAE TEXT AND NOTES
1 weitere Abschnitte werden nicht angezeigt.