« ZurückWeiter »
LMIGHTY God, our heavenly Father, who of his great mercy hath promised forgiveness of sins to all them that with hearty repentance and true faith turn unto him; Have mercy upon you; pardon and deliver you from all your sins; confirm and strengthen you in all goodness; and bring you to everlasting life; through Jesus Christ
our Lord. Amen.
ant that we may
* Then shall the Priest say, Hear what comfortable words our Saviour Christ saith unto all that truly turn to him.
OME unto me all that travail and are heavy laden, and I will refresh you. St. Matth. xi. 28. So God loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, to the end that all that believe in him should not perish, but have
everlasting life. St. John iii. 16.
Hear also what Saint Paul saith.
This is a true saying, and worthy of all men to be received, That Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. 1 Tim. i. 15.
Hear also what Saint John saith.
If any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and he is the propitiation for our sins.
1 St. John ii. 1.
* After which the Priest shall proceed, saying, Lift up your hearts. Answer. We lift them up unto the Lord. Priest. Let us give thanks unto our Lord God. Answer. It is meet and right so to do.
* Then shall the Priest turn to the Lord's Table, and say,
I. is very meet, right, and our bounden duty, that we should at all times, and in all places,
Proper Prefaces. Upon Christmas-day, and seven days after. ECAUSE thou didst give Jesus Christ thine only Son to be born as at this time for
the Holy Ghost, was made very
man of the substance of the Vir-.
gin Mary his mother; and that without spot of sin, to make us clean from all sin. Therefore
with Angels, &c.
Upon Easter-day, and seven days after. UT chiefly are we bound to praise thee for the glorious Resurrection of thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord : for he is the very Paschal Lamb, which was of. fered for us, and hath taken away
the sin of the world; who by
his death hath destroyed death, and by his rising to life again hath restored to us everlasting
life. Therefore with Angels, &c.
Upon Ascension-day, and seven days after. HROUGH thy most dearly beloved Son Jesus Christ our Lord ; who after his most glorious Resurrection manifestly appeared to all his Apostles, and in their sight ascended up into heaven to prepare a place for us; that where he is, thither we might also ascend, and reign with him in glory. Therefore with Angels, &c. Upon Whit-sunday, and six days after. HROUGH Jesus Christ our Lord; according to whose
- most true promise, the Hol us; who, by the operation of p 5 y
Ghost came down as at this time from heaven with a sudden great sound, as it had been a mighty wind, in the likeness of fiery
tongues, lighting upon the Apo
stles, to teach them, and to lead them to all truth; giving them both the gift of divers languages, and also boldness with fervent zeal constantly to preach the Gospel unto all nations; whereby we have been brought out of darkness and error into the clear light and true knowledge of thee, and of thy Son Jesus Christ. Therefore with Angels, &c.
LMIGHTY God, our heavenly Father, who of thy tender mercy didst give thine only Son Jesus Christ to suffer death upon the cross for our redemption; who made there (by his one oblation of himself once offered) a full, perfect, and sufficient sacrifice, oblation, and satisfaction, for the sins of the whole world; and did institute, and in his holy Gospel command us to continue, a perpetual memory of that his precious death, until his coming again; Hear us, O merciful Father, we most humbly beseech thee; and grant that we receiving these thy creatures of bread and wine, according to thy Son our Saviour Jesus Christ's holy institution, in remembrance of his death and passion, may be partakers of his most blessed Body and Blood: who, in the same night that he was betrayed, * took Bread; and , , . Here the Priest
- is to take the Paten when he had given ..."...i.
• Andhere to break thanks, "he brake the Bread: it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, Take, eat, + and or a to t this is my Body his hand upon all the which is given for Bread. - you: Do this in remembrance of me. Likewise af. . Ho, i. i. o tersupper he "took take the Cup into his the Cup ; and, hand: when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of this ; for this is my + And here to la his on o o Blood of the New ...?..."...o. Testament, which there is any Wine to is shed for you be consecrated. and for many for the remission of sins: Do this, as oft as ye shall drink it, in remembrance of me. Amen.
* Then shall the Minister first receive the Communion in both kinds himself, and then proceed to deliver the same to the Bishops, Priests, and Deacons, in like manner, (if any be present,) and after that to the people also in order, into their hands, all meekly kneeling. And, when he delivereth the Bread to any one, he shall say,
THE Body of our Lord Jesus Christ, which was given for thee, preserve thy body and soul unto everlasting life. Take and eat this in remembrance that Christ died for thee, and feed on him in thy heart by faith with thanksgiving.
*| And the Minister that delivereth the Cup
to any one shall say,
E Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, which was shed for thee, preserve thy body and soul
unto everlasting life. Drink this in remembrance that Christ's Blood was shed for thee, and be thankful.
* If the consecrated Bread or Wine be all }. before all have communicated, the riest is to consecrate more according to the Form before prescribed; beginning at [Our Saviour Christ in the same night, &c.]...for the blessing of the Bread; and at [Likewise after Supper, &c.] for the blessing of the Cup. * When all have communicated, the Minister shall return to the Lord’s Table, and reverently place upon it what remaineth of the consecrated Elements, covering the same with a fair linen cloth.
* Then shall the Priest say the Lord’s Prayer, the people repeating after him every Petition.
UR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. . . Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; But deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, For ever and ever. Amen. * After shall be said as followeth. Lord and heavenly Father, we thy humble servants entirely desire thy fatherly goodness mercifully to accept this our sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving; most humbly beseeching thee to grant, that by the merits and death of thy Son Jesus Christ, and through faith in his
blood, we and all thy whole Church may obtain remission of our sins, and all other benefits of his passion. And here we offer and present unto thee, O Lord, ourselves, our souls and bodies, to be a reasonable, holy, and lively sacrifice unto thee; humbly beseeching thee, that all we, who are partakers of this holy Communion, may be fulfilled with thy grace and heavenly benediction. And although we be unworthy, through our manifold sins, to offer unto thee any sacrifice, yet we beseech thee to accept this our bounden duty and service; not weighing our merits, but pardoning our offences, through Jesus Christ our Lord; by whom, and with whom, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, all honour and glory be unto thee, O Father Almighty, world without end. Amen. Or this.
LMIGHTY and everliving
God, we most heartily thank thee, for that thou dost vouchsafe to feed us, who have duly received these holy mysteries, with the spiritual food of the most precious Body and Blood of thy Son our Saviour Jesus Christ; and dost assure us thereby of thy favour and goodness towards us; and that we are very members
incorporate in the mystical body of thy Son, which is the blessed
company of all faithful people; and are also heirs through hope of thy everlasting kingdom, by the merits of the most precious death and passion of thy dear Son. And we most humbly beseech thee, O heavenly Father, so to assist us with thy grace, that we may continue in that holy fellowship, and do all such good works as thou hast prepared for us to walk in ; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with thee and the Holy Ghost, be all honour and glory, world without end. Amen. *- * Then shall be said or sung, LORY be to God on high, and in earth peace, goodwill towards men. We praise thee, we bless thee, we worship thee, we glorify thee, we give thanks to thee for thy great glory, O Lord God, heavenly King, God the Father Almighty. O Lord, the only-begotten Son Jesu Christ; O Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father, that takest away the sins of the world, have mercy upon us. Thou that takest away the sins of the world, have mercy upon us. Thou that takest away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. Thou that sittest at the right hand of God the Father, have mercy upon us. For thou only art holy; thou only art the Lord; thou only, O Christ, with the Holy Ghost, art