« ZurückWeiter »
REV. LIONEL THOMAS BERGUER,
LA TE OF ST. MART HAIL, OXON: FELLOW EXTRAORDINARY OF THF.
IN FORTY-FIVE VOLUMES.
PRINTED FOR T. AnD J. ALLMAn, PRInCES STREET,
W. Baynes and Son, Paternoster Row; A. B. Dulau and Co. Soho Square;
CONTENTS TO VOL. XII.
395. Dangers of the Month of May escaped
401. Correspondence between Amoret a Jilt and
402. Letters from Sylvia, complaining of an Un-
403. Speculations of Coffee-house Politicians on
409. Characteristics of Taste • • • Addison.
410. Adventures of Sir Roger de Coverley with a
in Canticles Steele.
and probably Tickell.
422. On Raillery—Characters of Callisthenes,
423. Advice to Gloriana respecting the studied
425. Beauties of the Evening—Vicissitudes of
426. Story of Basilius Valentine and his Son- Steele.
427. The Love of Defamation • • •
428. Various Subjects proposed for Speculation
429. Infirmary for ill-humoured People—Memorials
430. Increase of Beggars—Impostors—improper
431. Negligence of Parents—Letters of Richard
432. On Prejudice and Emulation—a sulky Wife—
433. Advantages of the Sexes associating—History
434. History of a Female Republic • •
435. Female Dress—Mixture of the Sexes in one
436. A Visit to the Bear Garden • - Steele.
437. Character of Sempronia, a Match-maker—
438. On a passionate Temper—the angry Book-
439. The manner of Courts—The Spy and the
440. Proceedings of the Infirmary for ill-humoured
441. Happiness of Dependence on the Supreme
442. The Author's address to his Correspondents—
443. Letters from an English Singer at Venice—-
444. On Quack Advertisements • •
445. On the new Stamp—Success of the Spectator